- Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, Michigan, J.D., 1986
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, B.A., 1983, with high distinction
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Angell Scholar
Bar & Court Admissions
- Michigan, 1986
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 2003
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 2005
- Member/Board of Directors
- t: 248.746.2859
- f: 248.746.2812
Sheri B. Cataldo is a trial attorney and business lawyer with more than 25 years of practice experience. A skilled arbitrator, she serves on the distinguished American Arbitration Association National Roster of Arbitrators. She is a member of the firm’s board of directors.
Sheri’s practice focuses on complex business and commercial litigation with an emphasis in matters involving partnership, shareholder and member rights, contractual disputes, real estate, finance, employment, and unfair competition. She also represents life, health and disability insurers across the nation and is actively involved in alternative dispute resolution (ADR) in a variety of settings. Sheri is a circuit court certified mediator and neutral case evaluator for complex commercial cases as well.
Frequently honored for legal excellence by her colleagues, peers and clients, Sheri is a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, a legal honorary society. She is the only attorney in Michigan listed in “The Select List,” a national list compiled for the insurance industry by Res Loquitor Corporation for the representation of life, health and disability insurers. She has also attained an AV ranking from Martindale Hubbell, its top ranking.
Sheri has additionally been awarded the ranking of Michigan “Super Lawyer” by Thompson Reuters and National Corporate Counsel Super Lawyer for the last several years. She has also been named a "Leading Lawyer" by Law Bulletin based upon a survey of her peers. Sheri has also previously been named a “Top Lawyer” by DBusiness Magazine.
- Universal American Corp.
- American Residential Equities, Inc.
- New York Life Insurance Company
- Holiday Travel Park LLC
- Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company
- Singh Development, LLC
- Boy Scouts of America
- Successfully resolved multiple disputes involving banking associations, real estate commercial ventures, mortgage companies and title companies
- Represented businesses exposed to contractual disputes, shareholder disputes, unfair competition claims, employment issues and discrimination claims
- Successfully defended federal RICO action involving sale and importation of vehicles from Canada to the United States
- Represented limited partnerships in class action lawsuit against publicly traded corporation resulting in favorable settlement for partnerships
- Represented life, health and disability insurers across the nation
- Participated in numerous alternative dispute resolution settings, including facilitation of owner and manager of multiple assisted living facilities in shareholder dispute
- Successfully negotiated settlement and buyout agreement on behalf of public employees trust system invested in real estate operating company
News & Insights
- CONGRATULATIONS TO THE TWENTY-FIVE SULLIVAN WARD ASHER & PATTON ATTORNEYS THAT ARE LISTED IN THE LEADING LAWYERS MAGAZINE, MICHIGAN EDITIONJuly 2017
- Co-Presenter at the American Arbitration Association Seminar “Med-Arb/Arb-Med, Try Them You’ll Like Them” | December 2015
- Presentation to Singh Development, L.L.C., “Workplace Harassment and the Law” | April 1, 2013
- Volunteer “Judge”, University of Michigan Law School Negotiation Competition
- Focus Group, Wayne State University Law School | January 1, 2012
Professional & Community Affiliations
- State Bar of Michigan
- Oakland County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- American Arbitration Association
- Res Loquitor – The Select List
- Diversity Law Institute
- The Trial Law Institute