Although our yardstick for success is the satisfaction of our clients, Sullivan Ward is gratified to receive recognition from our peers and the industries we serve.Print PDF
Sullivan Ward attorneys are frequently recognized for legal excellence by colleagues, peers and clients, as well as honored for contributions to the law and to the greater community.
A partial listing includes:
- AV-rated firm: Martindale Hubbell has awarded Sullivan Ward an AV rating, the highest possible ranking for legal ethics and professionalism. Scores are generated from evaluations by members of the bar and judiciary, and are based on legal knowledge, judgment and other factors.
- Many of our attorneys have attained the ranking of AV Preeminent, a significant achievement reflecting that a lawyer’s peers rank him/her at the highest level of professional excellence.
- Several Sullivan Ward attorneys are named in Best Lawyers in America (Woodward White, Inc.), the oldest and one of the most highly respected peer review guides to the legal profession. Appearance in Best Lawyers is achieved only after exhaustive peer-review surveys and research. One of our partners was named to the inaugural list in 1983, and has continued to maintain this ranking for three decades.
- Over one-third of our attorneys are named by Thomson Reuters as Michigan “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars,” many for several consecutive years.
- DBusiness Magazine continually recognizes Sullivan Ward attorneys as outstanding practitioners in their fields. Their annual list of “Top Lawyers” results from surveys of over 21,000 attorneys in five metropolitan Detroit counties.
- The New York Times selected one of our partners as a “Top Attorney” in Michigan.
- One of our partners is the only attorney in Michigan selected for recognition by a national insurance industry group.
- Our attorneys have been elected to Fellowship in the American Bar Association, numerous legal honorary societies, legal institutes and Inns of Court.
- As testaments to our professionalism and knowledge, our attorneys serve as heads of zoning boards, boards of appeal and bar ethics committees and many other leadership roles in legal and business communities. Additionally, we count many professors, adjunct professors and legal instructors among our ranks.
- Our attorneys have received recognition from civic and charitable organizations for their pro bono work and contributions of time, funding and effort to improve the communities in which we live and work.