- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, Detroit, MI, J.D. 1985, cum laude
- Frank Murphy Honor Society
- Award recipient of two American Jurisprudence Awards
- Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, 1982, with honors
- Edward Rakow Federal Bar Association Scholarship, 1983
Bar & Court Admissions
- Michigan, 1985
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan (1986)
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan (1989)
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit (2011)
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit (1988)
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court (2009)
- Judicial Law Clerk to Judge Joseph B. Sullivan, Michigan Court of Appeals, 1985 - 1987
- Partner, Board of Directors
- t: 248.746.2705
- f: 248.746.2827
Ronald S. Lederman has more than 25 years of litigation experience, particularly in appellate courts. Chair of the firm’s Appellate Department, he has served as lead counsel in over 300 appeals in both state and federal courts. Ronald also serves as a member of the governing council for the Appellate Section of the Michigan State Bar.
Ronald represents business clients and individuals in commercial and civil litigation at the trial and appellate level. He counsels his colleagues and their clients in the process and preparation of appealing lower court decisions to a higher court. His experience includes arguing cases before the United States Court of Appeals, the Michigan Court of Appeals, the Michigan Supreme Court and the Florida Supreme Court.
Ronald is a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, a legal honorary society for experienced trial and appellate attorneys. He was been awarded the ranking of Michigan “Super Lawyer,” by Thomson Reuters in 2006. He has served as a student member and barrister of the American Inn of Court, University of Detroit Chapter, and is a member of the State Bar of Michigan's Appellate Practice Section. Ronald is a member of the governing council for the Appellate Section of the Michigan State Bar and co-chairs the Section’s Court Liaison Committee.
- Pipefitters Local 636 Ins. Fund
- Yamaha Motor Corp.
- Wayne County Airport Authority
- Kean Argovitz Resorts, Inc.
- Ironworkers Local No.25 Pension Fund
- Consumers Energy
- Farm Bureau Ins. Co.
- Hudson Ins. Co.
- Ruby & Assocs. P.C.
- Pipefitters Local 636 Ins Fund v Blue Cross, __ F. 3d __(2013)
- Cedroni Assocs v Tomblinson, Harburn, 492 Mich 40 (2012)
- Joint Admin Committee v Washington Group, Inc., 2009 U.S. App LEXIS 19389 (2009)
- Bates v Gilbert, 479 Mich 412 (2007)
- Perry v Golding Chrysler Plymouth Jeep, Inc. 477 Mich 62 (2007)
- Match E Be Nash Pottowatumi Indians v Kean Argovitz resorts, 383 F. 3d 512 (2004)
News & Insights
- CONGRATULATIONS TO THE TWENTY-FIVE SULLIVAN WARD ASHER & PATTON ATTORNEYS THAT ARE LISTED IN THE LEADING LAWYERS MAGAZINE, MICHIGAN EDITIONJuly 2017
- Spring 2009
- Michigan Appellate Practice JournalSpring 2009
Professional & Community Affiliations
- State Bar of Michigan, Appellate Section
- Member, Governing Council