- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, Detroit, MI, J.D., 1973, magna cum laude
- Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI, B.A., 1970, with honors
Bar & Court Admissions
- Michigan, 1973
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- Member Executive Committee; Board of Directors
- t: 248.746.2707
- f: 248.746.2857
A. Stuart Tompkins has more than thirty years of experience resolving business disputes via litigation, negotiation and arbitration. He is a credentialed arbitrator and a member of the American Arbitration Association's distinguished National Panel of Arbitrators.
Stuart represents businesses in general commercial litigation, negotiation and dispute resolution. He has litigated, arbitrated and settled numerous claim-and-delivery matters, contractual disputes and bad-faith claims between insurance carriers. Stuart counsels corporate clients in planning and reorganizations, and represents their interests in business transactions, mergers and acquisitions. He also handles employment practices litigation (EPL) including wrongful termination matters in federal and state courts and federal and state administrative agencies.
Stuart is a member of the American Bar Association Business and Corporate Litigation Committee, the American Association for Justice and the Business and Corporate Section of the State Bar of Michigan. He has been awarded and maintains the Martindale AV rating which is the highest rating available.
- USG Insurance Services, Inc
- Disability Management Services, Inc.
- Milacron Inc.
- Citizens Bank
- POCO, Inc.
- USG Insurance Services, Inc.
- Wells Fargo Bank, National Association