- Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, MI, J.D. 1962
- University of Detroit, Detroit, MI, B.A., 1962
Bar & Court Admissions
- Michigan, 1966
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- t: 248.746.2824
- f: 248.746.2816
Thomas J. Giachino served for 30 years as Michigan State Assistant Attorney General. While Assistant A.G., he represented the Michigan Liquor Control Commission for 23 years. Due to his experience and deep institutional knowledge of that state agency, Tom is widely regarded as an authority on legal issues pertaining to the alcoholic beverage industry, and his opinion is frequently sought in state and federal proceedings involving such matters.
Tom focuses his practice on liquor licensing and enforcement matters. He processes applications and transfers of liquor licenses, counsels on industry trade practices, and represents licensees in contested case enforcement proceedings and administrative appeals before the Liquor Control Commission.
Tom writes and speaks on topics related to the Liquor Control Commission before governmental, industry and legal groups. He is a member of the Academy of Hospitality Industry Attorneys and a member of the National Licensed Beverage Association in Washington, D.C.
He has been awarded the ranking of Michigan “Super Lawyer,” by Thomson Reuters for the years 2006, and 2008 through 2010. Tom also has been awarded and maintains the Martindale AV rating which is the highest rating available.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation
- MGM Grand Detroit Casino
News & Insights
- CONGRATULATIONS TO THE TWENTY-FIVE SULLIVAN WARD ASHER & PATTON ATTORNEYS THAT ARE LISTED IN THE LEADING LAWYERS MAGAZINE, MICHIGAN EDITIONJuly 2017
- Presenter, Homeward Bound SeriesState Bar Seminar, 1998
- Practicing before the Liquor Control Commissionas part of the Homeward Bound Series of the Real Property Law Section of the State Bar, 1997
Professional & Community Affiliations
- National Licensed Beverage Association in Washington, D.C., Member