University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, Detroit, Michigan, J.D., cum laude, 1978
Georgetown University, Washington, District of Columbia, A.B., Sociology, 1974
Bar & Court Admissions
- Michigan, 1978
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1978
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1980
- t: 248.746.2721
- f: 248.746.2760
Thomas L. Auth, Jr. has more than 30 years of trial and mediation experience in the resolution of personal injury and malpractice lawsuits.
Tom represents individuals and business clients at trial in general negligence claims, premises liability defense actions, Michigan no-fault claims, trucking litigation, product liability suits, insurance coverage disputes, employment litigation and medical professional and health care facility malpractice liability cases. He also represents liquor licensees before the Michigan Liquor Control Commission.
Tom has spoken on premises liability to national meetings of the American Society for Industrial Security and the National Food Service Security Council, and has been a guest defense panelist on nursing home litigation before the Michigan Trial Lawyers Association.
- Scottsdale Insurance Company
- Specialty Claims, Inc.
- Ruby Tuesday, Inc.
- Hudson Insurance Company
News & Insights
- Panelist, Mediation Tribunal Association
- Panelist, Nursing Home Litigation, Michigan Trial Lawyers Association
- Speaker, Premises Liability, National Meetings of the American Society for Industrial Security
- Speaker, Premises Liability, National Food Service Security Council
Professional & Community Affiliations
Michigan Defense Trial Counsel, Member, 1980 - Present
Defense Research Institute, Member, 1985 - Present
Washtenaw County Bar Association
State Bar of Michigan, Negligence Law Section