- Detroit College of Law at Michigan State University, J.D., 1997
- Madonna University, B.A., History, 1994
Bar & Court Admissions
- Michigan, 1997
- New York, 2015
- Ohio, 2017
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2010
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1997
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 2009
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 2017
- t: 248.746.2762
- f: 248.746.2823
Matthew I. Henzi is a trial attorney with 22 years of experience in in all phases of litigation, including administrative hearings, jury trials and before appellate courts. He currently serves as Chairman of the City of Livonia Zoning Board of Appeals, a post he has held since 2006.
Matt represents businesses, insurers and individuals in litigation arising from business disputes, employment litigation, including ERISA and wrongful discharge, and personal injury defense and civil litigation. A significant portion of Matt’s practice is devoted to representing municipal retirement and health systems on all aspects of state and federal law. He also defends entities sued pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
Rated by Martindale Hubbell as AV Preeminent, Matt was also named a Michigan “Rising Star” in 2008 by Thomson Reuters.
- Kennedy v. Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co., 274 Mich. App. 710 (Michigan Court of Appeals 2007)
- Gross v. Thomas Sebold & Associates, Inc., Docket No. 276617 (Michigan Court of Appeals 2008)
- Markel v. Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co., Docket No. 263477 (Michigan Court of Appeals 2005)
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Michigan Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Michigan Association of Public Employee Retirement Systems (MAPERS)
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans (IFEBP)
- Toledo Bar Association