- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Grand Rapids, MI, J.D., 2012, cum laude
- Thomas M. Cooley Law Review, Senior Associate Editor
- Federalist Society, Vice President
- Grand Valley State University, Grand Rapids, MI, B.S., 2009, magna cum laude
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Kappa Phi Chapter of Pi Sigma Alpha, National Political Science Honor Society
Bar & Court Admissions
- Michigan, 2012
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2015
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 2015
- t: 248.746.2753
- f: 248.746.2849
Lyndsey K. Bates provides employee benefit, labor, and employment law advice to municipal retirement and health systems, multiemployer fringe benefit funds, trade associations and businesses.
Lyndsey blends her practice between Taft-Hartley fund representation, ERISA litigation, and ERISA and IRC compliance. In addition to appearing in state and federal court, Lyndsey has represented clients before the Ontario Labour Relations Board.
Lyndsey also has experience counseling clients on a wide range of complex employment issues, including workplace policies, handbooks, and procedures, leave laws including the Family-Medical Leave Act (FMLA), wage and hours issues, workplace harassment and discrimination, employment agreements, and non-competition agreements. Lyndsey has also represented clients before the Equal Opportunity Employment Commission (EEOC) and the Michigan Department of Civil Rights (MDCR).
News & Insights
- Southfield, MIFebruary 2018
- October 2014