- University of Toledo College of Law, Toledo, OH, J.D., 1975
- Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI, B.B.A., 1972
- Outstanding Scholar Athletes of America
Bar & Court Admissions
- Michigan, 1976
- Illinois, 2007
- Ohio, 2009
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1982
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- Member Executive Committee; Board of Directors
- t: 248.746.2730
- f: 248.746.2837
Lee C. Patton has more than 35 years of experience representing clients in a wide variety of business disputes as well as in professional liability matters.
Lee represents businesses in litigation arising from products liability claims, construction failure, automotive or trucking liability and negligence actions, general premises or operational risk, liquor liability and insurance coverage claims. He also has significant experience resolving legal, medical, insurance and professional liability claims.
Lee is a Fellow of the prestigious legal honor society, the Litigation Counsel of America, and has been awarded the ranking of Michigan “Super Lawyer,” by Thomson Reuters for the years 2005 through 2013, and was named an “Outstanding Lawyer of America” by that organization. Lee also has been awarded and maintains the Martindale AV rating which is the highest rating available. He is a member of The International Association of Defense Counsel and The Defense Research Institute.
Lee frequently speaks before insurance and industry groups on topics including premises liability, Michigan personal injury and non-fault litigation, dram shop and construction litigation. As an undergraduate, Lee was captain of the tennis team at Eastern Michigan University and twice was named one of the Outstanding Scholar Athletes of America while at that institution.
- Taubman Company
- General Growth Properties
- Nautilus Insurance Company
- MEEMIC Insurance Company
- Scottsdale Insurance Company