- University of Detroit-Mercy School of Law, Detroit, MI, J.D.,1994, summa cum laude and Valedictorian
- Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant, MI, B.A., 1991, magna cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- Michigan, 1994
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1994
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 1994
- t: 248.746.2763
- f: 248.746.2843
Laura A. James has over 20 years of experience in personal injury litigation, including Michigan No-Fault claims, general insurance defense and insurance coverage litigation. She also handles medical malpractice cases.
Laura is a former shareholder in the Detroit, Michigan law firm of Galbraith, Delie & James, P.C., where her practice focused primarily on the defense of No-Fault claims. She has also served as Staff Counsel for State Farm Insurance.
Laura is also a true crime author, editor and expert, and has published several works related to historical crimes and criminals. In addition to her published books, she maintains a popular literary website (http://www.laurajames.com/clews) for true crime readers, authors, and publishers, that has been favorably reviewed in the Wall Street Journal and Salon, among others.
- Brookdale Senior Living
- FFE Transportation
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Defense Research Institute
- American Bar Association
- Michigan Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association