- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan, J.D., 1979
- Oakland University, Rochester, Michigan, B.A., 1973
Bar & Court Admissions
- Michigan, 1979
- Illinois, 2009
- New York, 2014
- Member Executive Committee; Board of Directors
- t: 248.746.2722
- f: 248.746.2817
Kevin J. Gleeson is a litigator and a construction law attorney with more than 30 years of experience. He is a managing partner and a member of the board of directors of the firm.
Kevin is team leader of the Construction, Architectural and Engineering Litigation Department of the firm. He represents design professionals, contractors and owner/developers in real estate transactions, has negotiated and authored complex construction contracts (including Integrated Construction Agreements), environmental issues, FHA and ADA claims. He also represents attorneys, accountants and other professionals in claims of professional liability, contracts and other matters.
Kevin has been frequently recognized for legal excellence by his colleagues, peers and clients. He was selected as a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, where he also serves as the Chairperson of the ADR Committee. Kevin was inducted into the Construction Lawyers Society of America as a Fellow. He was named to the list of The Best Lawyers in America® by Woodward/White, Inc., and was awarded the ranking of Michigan “Super Lawyer,” by Thomson Reuters for the years 2006 through 2013. He has been selected as one of the Top 100 Lawyers in the State of Michigan and the Detroit 2013 “Construction Lawyer of the Year” by Detroit’s Best Lawyers Magazine. Kevin also has been awarded and maintains the Martindale AV rating which is the highest rating available.
He is a frequent presenter before contractors, accountants, architects and other professionals working in the construction industry. He is a Professional Affiliate Member of the American Institute of Architects of Michigan, and a member of the Construction Forum Panel of Arbitrators (Complex Claims).
- SmithgroupJJR, a large international design firm, with offices throughout the country and in Asia. We represent their interest in all states through the United States
- Tetra Tech, a large international design firm, with offices throughout the United States. We represent their interest in several states
- Barton Malow Construction Company, a large international construction, CM and Design Build company
- Leidal & Hart, a large masonry contractor providing masonry services throughout the United States
- Parsons Transportation Co., a large multinational design firm
- HRC, LLC, a large engineering and design company
- Spalding DeDecker, Ltd., a large engineering and design company
- Multiple condominium associations, located within the S.E. Michigan area
- CH2M Hill, Inc., a large multinational design and environmental consulting firm
- Crown Corr Inc., a large national exterior steel sheeting supplier and contractor, we represent them throughout the United States
- Numerous professional liability and commercial liability insurance and surety companies.
News & Insights
- CONGRATULATIONS TO THE TWENTY-FIVE SULLIVAN WARD ASHER & PATTON ATTORNEYS THAT ARE LISTED IN THE LEADING LAWYERS MAGAZINE, MICHIGAN EDITIONJuly 2017
- FOUR SULLIVAN, WARD, ASHER & PATTON, P.C. ATTORNEYS NAMED TO DBUSINESS MAGAZINE’S 2017 TOP LAWYERS IN METRO DETROITNovember 8, 2016
- Frequent Presenter, Design Professionals and Contractors
- Construction Law ICLE1992
- Arch-Eng Liability in Michigan Cambridge1989-1990
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Professional Affiliate Member of the American Institute of Architects of Michigan
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Member (ADR Committee)
- Construction Forum and Large Case Panel of Arbitrators (American Arbitration Association)
- Member of Advisory Board for Oakland University Business Department