- Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, J.D. 1992
- American Jurisprudence Award, Professional Responsibility
- Michigan State University, East Lansing MI, B.A., 1989, with honors
- Member, Golden Key National Honor Society
Bar & Court Admissions
- Michigan, 1992
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1993
- Member of Executive Committee; Board of Directors
- t: 248.746.2726
- f: 248.746.2784
Keith P. Felty is a trial attorney with more than 20 years of courtroom experience in medical and dental malpractice litigation. He has participated as primary defense counsel in over 90 civil jury trials throughout the State of Michigan.
Keith’s trial experience focuses primarily on medical and dental malpractice cases. He also represents clients in general insurance defense claims and in state licensing matters. Keith additionally consults on case defense and strategy, preparing witnesses for deposition or trial, and cross-examination of opposing expert witnesses.
Keith frequently appears as a guest speaker for medical and insurance industry groups, including the Mid-Michigan Dental Society, the University of Michigan Bunting Periodontal Study Club, the Mid-Michigan Dental Society, the University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry, ProAssurance, Medical Protective Insurance Company, Physicians Insurance Association of America, Ladera Ranch Implant Institute and several private dental and medical practices. In 2018, Keith was elected to the American Board of Trial Attorneys with an advocated designation.
- Medical Protective Insurance Co.
- Tenet Health Systems
- Professional Solutions
- Markel Corp. Claims
- Troy Internal Medicine
- Correctional Healthcare Corporation
- Farmbrook Radiology
- Western Litigation, Inc.
News & Insights
- Southfield, MIFebruary 2018
- CONGRATULATIONS TO THE TWENTY-FIVE SULLIVAN WARD ASHER & PATTON ATTORNEYS THAT ARE LISTED IN THE LEADING LAWYERS MAGAZINE, MICHIGAN EDITIONJuly 2017
- Oakland County Jury Returns a No Cause Verdict in a Medical Malpractice/Wrongful Death Case Tried by Keith Felty2016
- November 2015
- Lecturer to many Dental and Medical Health Professions