- Detroit College of Law, Detroit, MI, J.D., 1974
- Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, B.A.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Michigan, 1974
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1976
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1997
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1985
- Board of Directors
- t: 248.746.2844
- f: 248.746.2793
Jonathan M. Jaffa has 40 years of extensive general litigation and trial experience, including a former position as a senior trial attorney for the Continental Insurance Company.
Jonathan’s practice focuses on personal injury defense, including malpractice actions, premises liability, product liability, construction accidents and motor vehicle claims. He represents insurance companies, business owners and a variety of health care providers, including physicians, home care businesses, occupational therapists, nurse practitioners, various extended care facilities and physical therapy agencies. Jonathan also serves as a case evaluator, facilitator and arbitrator.
Jonathan serves as a student mentor at Michigan State University School of Law and a judge in its Moot Court competitions. He was awarded the ranking of Michigan “Super Lawyer” by Thomson Reuters, and also was awarded and maintains the Martindale AV rating which is the highest rating available. In 2013, he was selected as a “Top Rated Lawyer in Healthcare Law” by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell.
- Sunrise Senior Living
- Laurel Health Care Company
- CNA Insurance Company
- Hastings Mutual Insurance Company
- Hanover Insurance Group
- ProClaim America, Inc.
News & Insights
- Attended Numerous Seminars Through DRI
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel Association
- Defense Research Institute
- American Bar Association