- Detroit College of Law, Detroit, MI, J.D., 1979
- Class Vice President, Class Representative to Student Senate
- University of Dayton, Dayton, OH, B.S., Business Administration, 1973
- Michigan State University, Lansing, MI, 1973
- Insurance Class for Agents License
Bar & Court Admissions
- Michigan, 1979
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1979
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 1979
- t: 248.746.2716
- f: 248.746.2848
John M. Simmerer is a trial attorney with more than 36 years of experience litigating insurance matters in Michigan. He is a former licensed Michigan Insurance Solicitor and is particularly qualified in insurance coverage disputes and insurance agents' errors and omissions (E&O) law.
John advises and represents clients in litigation relating to a wide variety of insurance defense matters, including insurance agents E&O defense, coverage and insurance contract interpretation, as well as matters involving premises liability, auto negligence/no-fault, construction and product liability. He also handles cases of professional liability for architects, engineers and attorneys.
John is a former petty officer with the U.S. Navy Seabees. He is a member of the American Bar Association, the Michigan Bar Association and the Macomb County Bar Association. He was selected in 2010 as a “Top Lawyer” by Dbusiness magazine and he was listed in “Detroit’s Best Lawyers,” 2013 Edition. John also has been awarded and maintains the Martindale AV rating, the highest rating available.
Professional & Community Affiliations
Member of the State Bar District I Character & Fitness Committee since 2011-2016