- University of Detroit School of Law, Detroit, MI, J.D. 1975
Member, Gamma Eta Gamma
- University of Detroit/University College, Dublin, Ireland, A.B., 1972, summa cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- Michigan, 1975
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1975
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1975
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2003
- t: 248.746.2731
- f: 248.746.2805
Gerard J. Andree is a trial attorney with 38 years of courtroom experience. He is an accomplished negotiator, and serves as a court-appointed Case Evaluator in Wayne and Oakland counties at both the Circuit and District Court levels. He formerly served as a member of the firm’s executive committee and board of directors.
Gerard counsels and represents physicians and hospitals in medical malpractice cases, and manufacturers and distributors in product liability litigation.
Frequently tapped as a guest speaker at Grand Rounds and hospital in-service programs, Gerard has served on subcommittees related to mediation reform and physician discipline of the Oakland County Medical Society. He additionally is an appointed member of the Oakland County Bar Association Limited Committee on Medical-Legal Relations.
Gerard was voted by his peers as a Michigan “Super Lawyer” for the years 2008 through 2013. He also has been awarded and maintains the Martindale AV rating which is the highest rating available.
He formerly served as a member of the firm’s executive committee
- William Beaumont Hospital
- Michigan Orthopaedic Institute, PC
- Special Tree NeuroCare Center
- Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
- Yamaha Motor Manufacturing Corporation of America
- Yamaha Motor Co. Ltd.
- United Rentals, Inc.
- Nippa v Botsford General Hospital, 257 Mich. App. 387 (Oakland County Circuit 2003)
- Badalamenti v Beaumont Hospital-Troy, 237 Mich. App. 278 (Oakland County Circuit 1999)
News & Insights
Professional & Community Affiliations
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel